This California Notice was last reviewed on April 20, 2022.
THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT.
The provisions in this California Notice are intended to fulfill the requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") and shall apply to users of the Site who are residents of California.
The terms used in this privacy notice and the California Notice which are defined in the CCPA will have the definitions as provided in the CCPA. The term “personal information,” “your information” or other similar uses implying private information belonging to you as used in the privacy notice and this California Notice include “Personal Information” as defined in the CCPA. All other capitalized terms have the meaning provided in the privacy notice.
SHINE THE LIGHT.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding and/or opt-out of our disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email@example.com].
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The categories of personal information that we may have collected in the last 12 months are described in “WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT” of the privacy notice and, for the purposes of the CCPA, correspond to the following categories of Personal Information listed in the CCPA:
PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA.
We will not process your personal information for purposes which are materially different, unrelated, or incompatible with the purposes set out in the privacy notice without providing you notice.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
In the last 12 months, to the extent that we have your personal information, we have only disclosed this Personal Data to third parties for business purposes or with your consent.
SALE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not disclosed personal information for a business purpose, however, we intend to disclose the following categories of personal information to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
We may also share your personal information by selling it to third parties, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales. Our personal information sales do not include information about individuals we know are under age 16. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information, however, we intend to sell the following categories of personal information to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
RESELLING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
The CCPA prohibits a third party from reselling personal information unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales. We have not sold any personal information to date. However, we will update this section with the businesses that purchase personal information from us and may resell that information in the future. To opt-out of those sales, you will be able to visit that business's opt-out notice at the link to be provided.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA.
California residents may have the following rights under the CCPA in addition to the rights set out in the privacy notice.
- Access: Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following to you:
- the categories of your personal information and the specific personal information that we have collected;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, and where such third parties received your personal information from us for a business purpose, the categories of your personal information that we disclosed to such third parties.
Under the CCPA, you are only entitled to exercise the personal information access right set out in the foregoing paragraph twice a year.
- Deletion: Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will (and will direct our service providers to whom we have disclosed your personal information to) delete your personal information unless an exception under the CCPA applies.
The rights set out in the foregoing paragraphs do not apply to personal information collected from our employees as part of their employment with us or personal information collected as part of a business-to-business transaction.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights in this section, please contact us in writing (see HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY). You must include your full name, mailing address, and policy number (if applicable), in addition to the rights you are exercising and which information you are exercising your rights on. Please also state that you are requesting access pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act. We will do our best to respond promptly to any request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm that your request is a verifiable consumer request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Specifically, unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- deny you access to services provided by us;
- charge you different prices or rates for the goods and/or services provided by us or impose penalties on you;
- provide you with a different level or quality of goods and/or services than otherwise generally provided by us; or
- suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for, or a different level or quality of, the goods and/or services generally provided by us.